At Leigh Village Day Nursery, our aim is to encourage and assist the development of the children in our care, to become capable, confident and valued individuals.
Leigh Village was established in September 1994 and offers the following services:
• Full time and part time for all children
• A Key person system to ensure that each child is encouraged to reach his or her potential.
• An 'After-School' club which offers:
• Collection from two schools - Leigh North Street and West Leigh
• A fully equipped children's gymnasium
• We encourage parents to be involved in the nursery and hold a parents forum so parents can contribute to the nursery and hear about the developments and future plans from the nursery manager and owners.
2016, rated 5 starts from the environmental health department.
2016 re-accredited by IIP.
2016 rated GOOD by Ofsted.
2003/2004 We scooped a National Award for Training & Development presented by Durmot Murnaghan at the London Hilton.
2004 two members of staff received awards from Essex Chambers of Commerce. In June
2002 we were assessed for the National Day Nurseries Association Quality Counts accreditation and received the award in November,
2002. LEIGH VILLAGE IS THE FIRST NURSERY IN SOUTH EAST ESSEX TO ACHIEVE THIS QUALITY KITE MARK.
In June 2002 Southend-in-Bloom Organisers awarded us a Gold for our 'Outstanding hanging baskets' and a Bronze for the 'Best new entry'.
In 2001 we won the Countrywide Business award for Training and Development.
Also in 2001 two of our staff received awards from the Essex Chambers of Commerce, Carol Shelswell for Innovation and Tracy Norris for Care in the Community.
In 2000 we achieved the Investors in People accolade.
In 2000 we won the Southend & District award for Training and Development.
In 1997 we won the Southend & District Business award for Training and Development.
2003 Leigh Village received re-recognition as an Investor-in-People.
2003 Leigh Village is in the finals of the Nursery Management Today National Business Awards under the category of "Training & Development". The finals take place on 28th November.
2003 Royal Village is a finalist in the Southend Business Awards under the category of "Growing Business of the Year". Finals take place 7th November.
PLEASE ALSO VISIT OUR SISTER NURSERY AT www.royalvillage.co.uk